I'm not sure exactly where you need help, but to install from source you do the following.
1. download the source package
2. mv it into the directory you want to install it (I use /usr/local)
3. Decompress the package. If it has a tar.gz extension use the command tar xvzf somefile.tar.gz
4. enter the directory of the decompressed package. You should probably read the README and INSTALL notes.
5. Generally to compile something you type ./configure at the prompt. If that goes without error, you then type make, and after that you type make install.
That's about it. Let me know if you have a more specific question. I'm not sure what "the Vitamin" is. I'm surprised emacs didn't come installed.