I have a problem. I have tried repetitively to install MiniSlack Linux, which is basically slackware but shrunk. Here is what happened.
1. I bring the computer home, discover it cannot boot from the cd.
2. I try to make a floppy disk of a downloaded DOS version. Doesn't work.
3. I try to make an MS-DOS Start-up disk in Windows, doesn't work.
4. I go to the internals, find the floppy drive isn't plugged in.
5. Hook up floppy drive, insert Dos startup disk, It works!
6. Oh great! DOS can't read my CD-Drive! Now I'm ticked. So I post here and get two suggestions- use boot manager or use a Linux that fit on af floppy. I try both. Boot manager doesn't work in DOS, and the Linux that claims to fit on a floppy doesn't. Floppies are 1.44 MB, this was 2 MB.
My question is: am I screwed ?
Or is there hope?