boot rescue mode using fedora cd.
run the following command
all are done.
To reinstall grub to the master boot record (MBR) you can follow these steps
1. put in the FC 1st cd
2. boot from the FC cd
3. type linux rescue
4. no need to bring up ethernet interfaces
5. choose to mount file system
6. when booted, run chroot /mnt/sysimage
7. run, /sbin/grub-install /dev/hda
8. type, exit twice and the system will reboot.
With step 7 above, substitute the appropriate drive on your system. For example, with a sata drive, it might be /dev/sda.
Note: why FC4 ??? Its end of life.
Now we are FC9