I am IT officer for my company and I am new to linux,
management of my company intend to use Linux instead of MS Server as Proxy / Content Filtering Server.
I have few questions about it.
- Is CentOS suitable?
- Which proxy server should I install? Squid Server?
- All users required to log in before they can surf to internet. Every user in my company will be given an username and password.
Example: when a user first time request to surf net, the server should return to web page to as for a user to log in.
- User group. Example: -
- Group 1 - No restriction
- Group 2 - Free to surf and messenger, but not allow to download songs or executable file.
- Group 3 - Free to surf, block porno content, block messenger, block download songs or executable file.
- Group (Guest) - Only allow to surf to company mail and web site.