Ok, woke up 30 mins ago, and decided to give this a fresh look. I started over from scratch, and here's how it went:
[robb@localhost robb]$ cd /home/robb
[robb@localhost robb]$ ls
evolution hurt.mp3 j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586-rpm.bin
[robb@localhost robb]$ chmod a+x j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586-rpm.bin
[robb@localhost robb]$ ./j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586-rpm.bin
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Binary Code License Agreement
JAVATM 2 RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT (J2RE), STANDARD EDITION, VERSION 1.4.2_X
<agreement text snipped>
Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
UnZipSFX 5.40 of 28 November 1998, by Info-ZIP (Zip-Bugs@lists.wku.edu).
[robb@localhost robb]$ su
[root@localhost robb]# rpm -iv j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586.rpm
Preparing packages for installation...
package j2re-1.4.2_01-fcs is already installed
[root@localhost robb]# /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_01/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
Ok, now in the above, where the text is bold, that's what I added myself, because when looking at the directory structure by moving forward one folder at a time, that's what I found.
For example, the folder "/usr/java/j2re1.4.2/plugin" doesn't exist, because the "j2re1.4.2" folder is actually not there, but "j2re1.4.2_01" is.
But, I'm getting a segmentation fault, as you can see.
Last edited by Anth3m; 10-05-2003 at 01:38 PM.