[SOLVED] Import mail from Kmail to Opera
So I managed to transfer my mail from Kmail to Opera. Thanks to a suggestion from GeekPhreek.
* go to a mail directory in kmail
* select all mail in above directory
* saves as some .mbox file in your system
* in the event of multiple folders (like me), repeat above for each folder, hence you would in the end have multiple separate .mbox files
* launch Opera and do a File >> Import and Export >> Import Mail >> Import generic mbox file
* at that stage select your account and hit "Add mbox"
* a dialogue box will appear, select the .mbox files created earlier and hit "Open", and then hit "Next"
* thats it --- now you should see your directories in Opera under "Filters"
Two things I did not enjoy in the end:
* Unfortunately, this filters also have the same names with the .mbox extension --- I renamed each filter by removing the suffix. So thats cool.
* I see all the mail in these various filters also appear under "Received" --- so I have a long list of all the mail under RECEIVED tab. I wish I could only see the current messages in that tab, assuming it is equivalent to some INBOX directory that I am used to in Kmail. Oops ... I should not compare the two clients they are different, thats why I migrate to Opera in the first place.
I think I will enjoy Opera --- I like its multiple functions.