I tried that without the "entire" and with "web site" as separate words, and all I got was a bunch of hits on downloading Live CD's. I tried "import" rather than "download", and a whole bunch of other variations too. Dang it, I was so close!
I did use wget before. Following these messages, and knowing what I was looking for, I checked my terminal command line and saw that I had used wget with the recursive switch (-r) to download the website.
I'm still going to read up on httrack to see how it works. BTW, the link to wget you posted was an interesting read in how it can be manipulated to fool other websites that put up obstacles to downloading a website.
Thanks for you help,