The current encoding matches that on my second box (both are "Use language encoding") , and I've tried setting the fonts in the Konqueror browser appearance tab to exactly what my second box shows, and it doesn't fix my problem.
The charset is set to iso8859-I
My settings: Main Box, 2nd Box
Standard font: Utopia, helvetica
Fixed font: Courier 10 Pitch, courier
Serif font: Utopia, times
Sans Serif font: Utopia, helvetica
Cursive font: Utopia, helvetica
Fantasy font: Utopia, helvetica
My current settings are from another persons post for suggested Konqueror fonts.
When I try to set the fonts to the same settings as my second box, those fonts are not available, except for Courier. And the case is different, so it may or may not be the same font as the default. If I manually overwrite my current settings with the ones from my second box Konqueror doesn't recognize the new font names, when I re-open the configuration window, there appear to be no fonts selected.
I'm not even certain this is a font problem, its just that that's how it looks.
I tried to brute force it by trying a few different themes (under the assumption that the theme might change my setup to something that works) and that didn't help.