Hello. I am new to Linux, and I am considering using Linux on one or more of my computers. I have a Mac Performa 630CD (m68k w/ system 7.5), Mac LC 575 (m68k w/ system 7.1), Power Mac 6500 (PPC w/ system 8.6), and a Gateway Essential PC (Intel Celeron 433 w/ Windows 98). I want to use Linux on the Macs. Here are some questions:
1. How do you pronounce the word Linux?
2. Exactly what do I need to get started with Linux? Just one CD?
3. I am thinking of using Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 for the Macs. Is this a good idea?
4. Will Linux support my current hardware (Mostly Apple products, and a PC Monitor)?
5. Will Linux support my software? Can I still use my current ISP (AT&T Worldnet)? If so, how?
6. How does Linux compare to Mac OS and Windows?