I'm getting errors when trying to make install Mplayer. What is going wrong?
Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I got the same error. The code fix recommended worked. Thanks!
I am also using Mandrake 10. I tried the rpm originally and at run-time got some weird messages including that my computer was too slow and to recompile with a particular flag. It's an 800Mhz which i know isn't fast, but don't think it should be "too slow".
I decided to recompile and that's when my problems started.
I made the change and it works good now... though no audio. I'm sure i'll figure that one out shortly.
I'm using Mandrake 10.0 but only because I'm too lazy to run something like Slackware on my main machine.
In my case, I'm recompiling MPlayer both to improve efficiency, and to fix some shortcomings in the RPMed version. (Mainly the fact that it won't play audio from Matroska video files if it's encoded in AC3 format.)