I have setup the Open SSH and configured it and I have generated public and private keys and copied public key to server location by following steps given in open ssh document, But still it is asking for password while logging in to server location, as per document it should not ask for password it has to read password from public Authorized key for known users.
The configuration steps are given in
Here are the steps I followed to configure SSH.
1) Install Open SSH
2) Create proper group and passwd files. To add local groups to the group file, use the -l switch, for domain groups, use the -d switch:
3) mkgroup -l >> ..\etc\group (local groups)
4) mkgroup -d >> ..\etc\group (domain groups)
5) mkpasswd -l [-u <username>] >> ..\etc\passwd (add username to passwd - local user)
6) mkpasswd -d [-u <username>] >> ..\etc\passwd (add username to passwd - domain user)
7) To Key Authentication with SSH create unique public/private key pair using ssh-keygen -t keytype
8) ssh-keygen -t rsa
9) Putting created Public Key on the Server, copy the public key to /home/username/.ssh/
10) Place Key in the Authorized Keys File, append the key you copied to a file called authorized_keys or authorized_keys2
11) Fix StrictModes (Windows Only), turning StrictModes off in the sshd.conf file under the etc directory and restarting the service.
12) Set the following options under %HOME_PATH%\OpenSSH\etc\ssh_config file
a. PasswordAuthentication no
b. PubkeyAuthentication yes under
13) Set the following options under %HOME_PATH%\OpenSSH\etc\sshd_config file
a. PubkeyAuthentication yes
b. AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys
c. PasswordAuthentication no
d. PermitEmptyPasswords yes
Could you please check why it is not working and please let me know what other setting I have to do to make it work.