1) Boot with Knoppix, connect the usb and wait if it automounts it.(not sure if it will)
2) If it does, you will find the drive on the desktop, just start copying whatever you want.
3) If not, then you have to manually mount it. Create somefolder
on a convenient place like desktop. Open terminal and mount it.
#sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sd* somefolder
Here sd* is the location of your usb drive, say if you have 3 partitions namely C, D and E, this becomes the last partition. To see it
#sudo /sbin/fdisk -l or just #fdisk -l << here it is alphabet 'l', not no 1.
Typically C,D,E will be like sda1
. But your usb drive should be sdb
because it is considered a 2nd hard disk.
4) Then start copying to the somefolder
on your desktop.
5) Once finished, just umount it.
#sudo umount /dev/sd*
That's it, you're done. Cheers