Originally Posted by fredboo
I AM ALSO NEW TO LINUX sites kept telling me I needed to update my flash player.
So my son tried to do it for me he is usually great with computers but has not used linux before.
anyway he somehow managed to remove flash altogether, I have downloaded another one suitable for linux lite and Firefox browser but don't know a thing about how to install it.
a box has come up with [install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz - Xarchiver 0.4,9svn-r] help what do I do now??????
1. open a terminal and navigate to the directory where install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz is kept.
tar zxvf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
3. Tar will create a directory where the driver is found. cd to that directory.
4. You should see a file called "libflashplayer.so"
5. Copy the file to where you place the FFx plugins. It's typically in a directory called /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
6. Restart FFx and you're done!