LinuxQuestions.org
Support LQ: Use code LQ3 and save $3 on Domain Registration
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
rslnerd
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jan 2009
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
help installing kubuntu linux


i need help running kubuntu from my disc... after bootup, it would show the screen, about 30% from top as black and the remaining 70% magenta... the mouse pointer worked in the black area... plz help quickly!!!
 
Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
scottwest2
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2003
Distribution: Mac OS X 10.5.7, Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB Ram, nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 1GB --- Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty x64
Posts: 58

Rep: Reputation: 16
When you are at the LiveCD boot screen hit F4 and select the option for vesa/vga graphics. I can't remember the item name itself but you will know which one I am talking about.
 
Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
arckane
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Distribution: Gentoo/Debian/Ubuntu
Posts: 306

Rep: Reputation: 37
Safe graphics mode
 
  


Reply

Tags
kubuntu


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing kubuntu on ubuntu with kubuntu CD coolblue Ubuntu 6 06-30-2008 10:53 AM
Installing Kubuntu vertozia Ubuntu 2 09-23-2006 02:57 AM
Installing kubuntu on ubuntu with kubuntu CD coolblue Linux - Newbie 1 07-12-2005 01:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration