No, you do not need to reinstall! Did you read the link?
What you need to do is to download one of these files:
One (iso) is for burning on CD, the other (img) for making a floppy.
gunzip -c parted.img.gz >/dev/fd0
cdrecord -v -eject speed=2 dev=/dev/hdc /tmp/parted.iso
- Boot the first installation CD or DVD up to the point where you can choose one of the different installation variants.
- Press F6. A message asking you to keep the driver update ready will be displayed.
- Use the arrow key to select the menu item "Installation".
- Enter the boot parameter "fixpart=1" and press ENTER.
- When the message "Please choose the Driver Update medium" is displayed, insert the driver update CD/floppy you created and press "OK".
- In the following menu, select "cdrom" or "floppy" and confirm with OK.
- After completing the driver update, press "Back".
- The following dialog for repairing the partition table displays your hard disk (usually /dev/hda) and the status of the partition table (broken). Select the hard disk and click "OK" to repair the partition table.
- After repairing the partition table, exit the menu with "Back". Press the key combination CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot the computer and remove all media from the drives.
This is what I can read there! All you need to do is doing it