Originally Posted by malekmustaq
Create your bzImage at /boot.
grub still cannot load my new kernel, I did the following to install my new kernel:
- I extracted my new kernel source in /usr/src/linux-184.108.40.206.
- added the rt patch "patch-220.127.116.11-rt19" to it using: patch -p1 < /path/to/patch-18.104.22.168-rt19
- then created a new file called .config n ran "make menuconfig". I chose the options which are required
for rt kernel.
- then "make", at the end it gave the path to bzImage
- make modules
- make modules_install
- I copied bzImage to and System.map to /boot and also changed their names to
vmlinuz-version-rt19 and System.map-version-rt19
- I ran "sudo update-initramfs -c -k 22.214.171.124-rt19" inside /boot and then
- sudo update-grub
I seriously don't know why this happens. is it because I miss to choose a particular option in menuconfig? ANy helps would be appreciable