Originally Posted by sundialsvcs
In situations where LILO would force me to be grabbing for a rescue-CD,
Thank you for all of the answers. I read the information in the links and thought I have learned enough.
My original problem is, that after installing Mandrake to my computer were I have SuSe 10.0 running well and also WindowsXP, I lost SuSe. Suse uses GRUB and Mandrake LiLo.
I deceidid to edit Mandrakes lilo.conf
The critical lines in SuSes menu.lst are
title SUSE LINUX 10.0
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb2 vga=0x31a selinux=0 resume=/dev/hdb1 splash=silent showopts
Thus I added to the Mandrakes lilo.conf the lines
I did that using Kwrite but checked cat'ing in the terminal that everything looked nice in my eyes. Then I started to run /sbin/lilo -v -v.
And then restarted the computer. From the menu I get Windows and Mandrake upp, but while starting SuSe10.0 a lot of text was running on the panel, if I understood right, something was lacking ...
Can anybody guess, what went wrong