It's a little difficult for me to explain the problem I'm having with Apache server/mysql/php 5 running on Linux Gentoo. I'll try my best to explain and hopefully some experts here can help me (I'm new to Linux generally)
- I'm currently working for company that hosts a system called bizware on Gentoo Linux running apache server with php5 installed. The system was written in .php.
- The guy who previously worked here somehow configured apache server to search through multiple locations (folders containing .php files)
In the browser, if I type
The login page appears for the user to log in. But supprisingly when I look at the folder login under bizware I don't see any index.php or index.html. Then I know that apache server uses the index.php in another location (folder/directory) on the server eventhough the url is http://biztest/login/
- I also noticed that he uses a lot of these mapping. For example
In loginRedirect.php there is a line
But obviously there isn't any file like that in the same directory with loginRedirect.php
- The reason I'm asking this question is because I would like to dublicate the bizware system and put it on another machine/server. Only copying the codes (php files), dublicate mysql database won't work. Because apache apparently looked at multiple localtions, so I need to do some configuration inside Apache.
- Could you guys give me some suggestions to start. Then I'll do more searching to see what is going on.