My runlevel is init 3, so that is a given.
I don't know how I would do the "startx gamename" suggestion, perhaps someone has an idea of how to do this?
Basically, I'm trying to find two more things and I think I'll be set to go;
1. Drop out of KDE/X without using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
2. Find out if games/winex can be started with .xinitrc + startx and then start a new X session once I quit the game
I think that I'll re-post my exact examples, with comments, to be critiqued;
-- .xinitrc_original --
-- .xinitrc_cstrike --
-- cstrike.sh --
export __GL_FSAA_MODE=1 #GF4, FSAA 1 = 2x FSAA
xgamma -gamma 1.75
winex -workdir "/home/skilless/.transgaming/c_drive/SIERRA/Half-Life" "C:/SIERRA/Half-Life/hl.exe" -console -game cstrike -numericping
xgamma -gamma 1.0 #returns gamma to normal
-- cstrike --
# I need a line here that will drop me out of KDE/X (logout, init 3, other?)
cp .xinitrc .xinitrc_original
cp .xinitrc_cstrike .xinitrc
startx -- -quiet -depth 16
cp .xinitrc_original .xinitrc
startx # Perhaps I need a 'wait' command here so that I wait until I quit the game before doing another "startx" ?
Cstrike would be shortcut on my desktop that would do the following;
1. Drop me to CLI
2. Make the game I want be the only X client (start game in X without a windows manager)
3. Drop back to CLI when quitting the game and copy original .xinitrc back
4. Start KDE/X as normal (startx)
I'm also wondering if I need to set the resolution of the screen I want to play in with the "-geometry" flag, or will that be done automatically by the game/winex?
Thanks for any help!