Originally posted by WhatsHisName
Yes and no, but it would be a lot easier to just copy it to a different drive and then bring it back when the LVM was set up. External USB drives work great for this type of transfer.
If the question is whether you can directly convert something like an ext3 partition into an LVM, then the answer is no, or at least, I am fairly sure it’s “no”.
Thanks for the advice.
After doing a little more research, I thought I could try the following...
1. Move the existing data from /video to another partition...
2. Unmount /video
3. Reformat the partition as an LVM Physcial volume
4. Create a new logical volume under the new LVMPV.
5. Format the new volume with JSF
6. Recreate the /video mount point
7. Move my data back onto it...
Hows that sound?