Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
f_date=`date --date="today" +%F | sed 's/-//g'`
ftp -n -v $f_host << FTP_EOF
user $f_user $f_passwd
modification which should be needed...on above script
1. AbhiData does not have updates after 8:00PM everyday. That is why script should run at 9:00 PM everyday and look for any delta file.
2. Download the new file from AbhiData to a temporary directory. The original file (which will be downloaded manually) is abhidenialSAPExtended.xml.zip but subsequent files will have a date stamp (ex: abhidenialsapextended_delta20080123.xml). The script should send an email alert if something goes wrong with the download (ex: can’t connect to FTP server, space issues, etc). Notes:
o AbhiData does not prepare new files every day so there will be days when there is no new file. If there is no new file then the script should end here without sending an email alert.
o The original abhidenialSAPExtended.xml.zip file will be loaded manually and does not need to be included in the script.
3. Copy the file from the temporary directory to the “in” directory renamed as “abhidenialsapextended.xml”. This should overwrite the existing “abhidenialsapextended.xml” file. There should always be a “abhidenialsapextended.xml” file in the in directory so the SAP batch job will not error out.
4. Move the file from the temporary directory to the “done” directory.
5. Weekly, a compare should be done between the files in the “done” directory and the files on the AbhiData server to make sure that no files are missing (files from AbhiData are “delta” loads – any missing files means our lists will be incomplete). An email alert would be sufficient – any missing files can be loaded manually.
Please do the needful.
Last edited by abhijeetdutta; 09-09-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Please post your thread in only one forum. Posting a single thread in the most relevant forum will make it easier for members to help you and will keep the discussion in one place. This thread is being closed because it is a duplicate. http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...script-753900/