My company has decided that direct connections to vendor sites will now have to go through a proxy for file transfers. Everything I have seen for SFTP and SCP through a proxy involve Connect, Netcat or Corkscrew, none of which we have installed at the moment. Curl looked promising but the following:
curl -v -p -x proxy_ip:proxy_port -u user:pass sftp://vendor_box
* About to connect() to proxy proxy_ip port 8080 (#0)
* Trying proxy_ip... connected
* Connected to proxy_ip(proxy_ip) port 8080 (#0)
* Failed to read known hosts from /users/mis/user/.ssh/known_hosts
* Failure establishing ssh session
* Closing connection #0
curl: (2) Failure establishing ssh session
Please note that line about failing to read known hosts will print even when I do a successful connection without the proxy.
Can anyone please offer any other possible solutions?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4