I'm running Fedora Core 1, and am having some difficulties in actually playing an audio CD. For some reason, audio CDs are not recognized.
The wierd thing is that it worked perfectly in KDE KsCD ONCE. Then I made the mistake of ejecting the CD. After inserting a new CD, things went back to normal (ie - no audio CD recognized in drive).
So I am fairly confident that the hardware is all fully functional. It is just the software end of things that is driving me mad.
My relevant current fstab line -
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0
I've tried various permuations thereof, such as adding and removing kudzu, and changing to auto.