I decided to try out Phlak V 0.2, and it's my first Linux experience. I run it off a CD on my Windows 2000 professional, but I'm such a n00b...I have a lot of questions, and I feel as if it would be better to consolidate all of them into this one post, rather than constantly flooding this newbie forum and risking permanent ban.
Anyway, here are my questions:
1. How exactly do I access my hard drive?
2. Why is my sound not working?
3. What are some essential commands I should know while using Linux?
4. I've noticed that there's an option to install Phlak Linux into my hard drive. If I were to do that, how could I access it? Is there a list when I boot up the computer? Would I have to reformat and partition my 10GB hard drive?
5. What is the difference between core Linux, RedHat, Phlak, etc.? I'm assuming that they all use GUIs; are they any different? I mean, they are all Linux, so do they use the same commands?
6. Why do I get the feeling that, when I become proficient in Linux, it will be the most kick-ass OS I have ever used? I have an odd feeling of happiness when I use it that I can't get from Windows or Macs, desipite my lack of experience.
Well, that's all the questions that I can remember. Thank you very much for using your time and answering a total n00b's questions.