I have been browsing the forums however I cannot get my head around extracting the correct information from a .txt file. I have tried most commands - being new it is getting confusing but I am persisting with it....
I have a .txt file from which I am wanting to extract most of the information from it - but exclude a some of it. I would say 95% of it I am wanting and the other 5% I am happy to exclude.
Following is an example:..........
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
FIRE WEATHER WARNING
For the Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego districts, and parts of the
North West, Central West, and Darling Downs and Granite Belt districts.
Issued at 4:59pm EST on Thursday the 13th of September 2012
A vigorous surface trough is moving northeast through southern and western
Queensland. Very dry and gusty S to SW winds behind this trough are resulting
Severe Fire Danger for the Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego districts,
the Northwest district southwest of Mount Isa, Central West district southwest
of Blackall, and the Darling Downs and Granite Belt district southwest of Dalby.
Temperatures up to 32 degrees, relative humidity down to 10% and winds to 40
km/h are expected.
Fire dangers are expected to decrease during the evening as temperatures cool.
The next warning will be issued by 11 pm AEST Thursday.
For more information on Fire Bans and how to Prepare. Act. Survive. Visit the
Rural Fire Service web page at http://www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au
or call the
For the latest weather information, listen to your local radio station or visit
the Bureau of Meteorology web page at http://www.bom.gov.au
for recorded Land and Weather Warnings.
Copyright Commonwealth of Australia 2011, Bureau of Meteorology . Users of these web pages are deemed to have read and accepted the
conditions described in the Copyright, Disclaimer, and Privacy statements
At the start, I am hoping to extract the data starting at FIRE WEATHER WARNING and finish the extraction at Land and Weather Warnings. I dont want the Copyright etc.
I would like to extract the weather warning information to a .txt file
I am having problems in figuring out exactly what commands to use to either extract the information that is wanted or exclude the information that is not wanted....
Thanks in advance for your help .... I am sure that the solution is simple - but this black duck is having problems in figuring it out.