EXT4 goes kaput, had luks
Sequence of events:
1. Shut down the machine while luks ext4 partition was unlocked
2. Restart and the machine won't work beyond the APM message
3. Let the machine cool for some time (don't know why)
4. Rebooted and machine gave me login prompt
5. At this stage I hadn't realized the encrypted partition was missing, so I went ahead with my mission of creating a live USB drive
6. When that was going on I tried installing grub directly from my machine to the USB, and it threw all kinds of errors saying the EXT4 partition wasn't valid
7. Now I load up the disk utility and see this.
TestDisk has failed me. I'm currently doing the following:
start gparted and the function check of gparted?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.|