Making G-Mail sync with IMAP in Evolution
Here is what I did:
- 1st there is "Preferences", then E-Mail accounts to be clicked on, then pick your G-Mail account and click "Edit". See the "Account Editor?"
- set the credentials in the first tab, just as you set them when logging into Webmail
- server: imap.google.com
- username: should be your username without the @gmail.com domain
- Security?? SSL encryption
- Authentication type: Password (feel free to check the "Check for supported types" button
- the Remember Password decision is on you, I have my selected.
- it's your call again, no special commands or selections are required.
All other settings are not relevant to IMAP, except "IMAP Headers", there I am using the Default one to sync fast.
Last edited by White Tea Citrus; 01-30-2010 at 03:05 AM.