Originally Posted by kavinsiva
I am new to creating RPMs
That's cool. It isn't hard to do but you best start by reading first.
From your .spec file I see:
- the license is called "GPL", not "Gpl" (minor nit),
- the %_buildroot was not defined (unless it's in your ~/.rpmmacros),
- no parts of the default "./configure; make; make install" mantra are used (how do you install things?),
- you don't use any "make install" (or "make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install") or use manual 'install' commands to install files (right now its just two directorynames),
- you should use BUILDROOT like "install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/ZPCprinter-1.0" (not also prepend actual path),
- the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT was not cleaned up,
- the %files section is incomplete (no %defattr, no %doc, no %attr),
- the %changelog section is missing.
It would be really beneficial for you if you would read the package building docs that come with your distribution or else the docs at rpm(5).org or the Fedora Wiki.