Please help I have problem with nvidia driver when I try to install I get this message :
Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
-> Tagging shared libraries with chcon -t textrel_shlib_t.
-> License accepted.
-> Installing NVIDIA driver version 177.80.
-> No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; would you li
ke the installer to attempt to download a kernel interface for your kernel f
rom the NVIDIA ftp site ()? (Answer: No)
-> No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; this means
that the installer will need to compile a new kernel interface.
-> Performing CC sanity check with CC="cc".
-> Performing CC version check with CC="cc".
ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel.
Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for your
kernel and that they are properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems,
for example, be sure you have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM
installed. If you know the correct kernel source files are installed,
you may specify the kernel source path with the '--kernel-source-path'
command line option.
ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file
'/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions
on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux
driver download page at .
I try a lot of way but no succes.
My carnel is
and I try to install Kernel-source from install cd but there is no packeg named Kernel source what i find ar [CODE]kernel-headers 2.6.18-8.el5i386
Until now what I try was this:
1) a) Edit your "/etc/inittab" =>
Change the id:5:initdefault to id:3:initdefault .
b) Edit your "/etc/X11/Xorg.conf" => Look for the Driver "nv" change it to Driver "nvidia"
In the Module section, make sure you have: Load "glx"
You should also remove the following lines:
*Please save the following files*
2) Text Mode-Login screen. Login as root.
Change to the directory, where's the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run file located.
Type sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run .
3) No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; would you like the installer to attempt to download a kernel interface for your kernel from the NVIDIA ftp site ()? (Answer: No)
4) No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; this means that the installer will need to compile a new kernel interface. (Answer: OK)
5) WARNING: Your kernel was configured to include rivafb support as a loadable kernel module.
The rivafb driver conflicts with the NVIDIA driver; the NVIDIA kernel module will still be built and installed, but be aware that the NVIDIA driver will not be able to function properly if the rivafb module is loaded! (Answer: OK)
6) Wait for the Nvidia to finish the installation!
At the Text-Mode Login Screen.
a) Type modprobe nvidia.
b) Type cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
c) Type chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*
d) Type reboot
7) At the Text-Mode Login Screen.
a) Type init 5
8) Edit the /etc/inittab => id:3:initdefault to id:5:initdefault
9) Test Run 3D Games= *Run tuxracer* *Screensaver (3D)*
10) Finished! Thank You :)
Please help me.