I'm going to start a new Linux server on my company with it's important data, and I'll install FlightGear as well. This game has a total size of around 20GB so that's why my "/" partition will be around 40GB. I'm going to install openSUSE and I'm also going to encrypt some folders in order to prevent data leakage.
My plans are: (Following sizes sugested by some research)
* Unencrypted / partition (40GB, personal choice as explained above)
* Unencrypted /boot partition (300MB)
* Encrypted /var partition (8-12GB)
* Encrypted /tmp partition (This one it says 50MB but I think it needs more space)
* Encrypted /home partition (Around 250GB, my personal choice)
* Encrypted SWAP partition
* And another data partition (The rest of my 1TB drive)
I don't know which sizes my partitions "/tmp" and "/var" should be. Also, if documents may go to other places than listed above, please tell me.
Sources to some sizes recommendations: https://access.redhat.com/site/docum...mmend-x86.html