Puppy Linux Official Home page: //www.puppyos.com/
* Puppy will easily install to USB, Zip or hard drive media.
* Booting from CD, Puppy will load totally into RAM so that the CD drive is then free
for other purposes.
* Booting from CD, Puppy can save everything back to the CD, no need for a hard drive.
* Booting from USB, Puppy will greatly minimise writes, to extend the life of Flash
* Puppy will be extremely friendly for Linux newbies.
* Puppy will boot up and run extraordinarily fast.
* Puppy will have all the applications needed for daily use.
* Puppy will just work, no hassles.
* Puppy will breathe new life into old PCs
My installation (from Windows XP Home):
- burned Puppy version 2.12 .ISO to CD using Nero,
- prepared external USB with a 40GB FAT32 Primary partition and a 3GB Linux Swap
partition using Paragon Partition Manager 7,0 Professional,
- disconnected internal Windows HD (this step assures Windows will not be touched),
- set Bios to boot CDROM,
- booted Puppy CD - filling the required configuration info, only required
once(configuration and data are saved to the external USB HD),
Thank you, Saikee