:) this my fist question (rather my fist questions) in this forum
I'm new with dnsmasq and i have to understand its source code for my internship.
So i have some questions:
1. Did Dnsmasq provide only mask of DNS requests, or it can also provide DNS services?
I found that Dnsmasq serves host from the "/etc/resolv.conf file, there isn't other alternative?
2. Where Dnsmasq save DHCP leases and Masq for DNS?
3. there isn't documentation which explain the source code of Dnsmasq.
4. Did Dnsmasq use any database?
Thanks a lot.
There is no need of examining a source code to get this information.
1. I do not understand what means "mask of DNS requests" or "DNS services", but dnsmasq is simple tools, just forward query to upstream server defined in "/etc/resolv.conf" or answer on local network queries with help of "/etc/hosts" file. In particular it does not support recursive queries.
2. Leases are saved by default in "/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases" It is configurable with "-l" option. What means "Masq for DNS"? DNS cache is stored in memory if you mean that.
3. I think that code is self explanatory by comments.
4. Not a SQL or that kind of database, but simple text files.
thanks eSelix :) for your response,
Sorry to not be clear enough, I mean by "Masq for DNS" DNS cache.
What are DNS entries (@IP, domain name...) which is saved in cache? and what's the order in which the entries are stored?
what's the meaning and the utility of crec struct in cache.c file in the source code?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.|