I have recently installed Mandrake 10.1 Discovery, old Compac 5670 dual boot with W98.
I finally had the smb (Samba server 3.0.10) working, printer shared by several users on two different hosts. After some testpages I turned off the CRT.
1. A couple of days later my wife attempted to switch user. She never managed to logoff. She made her browsing with my user and swithed off the CRT.
2. After additional couple of days we had a power failure in our house. Afterwards everything seemed ok. All of a sudden we were able to login and logout with different users.
3. After some PDF documents the printing was no more. The queue was there - growing but the printer was sleeping.
4. I swithed the printer power on/off - nothing. I made a restart from KDE, there was a start up message (before start of KDE) telling that there was no space left on tmp/, 0 instead of proposed 20000. An attempt to start KDE failed, no space.
5. Now I have a command line interpreter and when looking over smb everything seems ok. The shared folders and the printer are there but it is not possible print, no paper appears.
6. The latest bug fix for Mandrake 10.1 is not installed. I was told that they were waiting for payment, my purchase was 18 days old then.
The behaviour of the Linux package seems like massive memory leakage - is that so? Someone who could give a hint what to do, reinstall? It seems that somekind of a pointer has an unexpected behaviour?
Yourd Very Truly,