LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #1
lowpingnoob
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2005
Distribution: Fedora Core 3, soon DSL (DSL backwards is LSD hahahaha)
Posts: 245

Rep: Reputation: 30
could I run Cedega on DamnSmallLinux?


If i installed DamnSmallLinux, could I run cedega, or would DSL not support it?
 
Old 06-15-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
Thorium
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 124

Rep: Reputation: 15
I don't see why not

http://downloads.transgaming.com/fil...m_requirements
 
Old 06-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
lowpingnoob
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2005
Distribution: Fedora Core 3, soon DSL (DSL backwards is LSD hahahaha)
Posts: 245

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorium
I don't see why not

http://downloads.transgaming.com/fil...m_requirements
Cool, because i want the least space taken up by the os (more for my games). I don't quite get this. Is DSL a stripped down version of Debian (no major kernel stuff etc...), or is it stripped down then modified? I am going to burn me up a bootable DSL disk right now. A question, after i burn the disk, how do I install, is there an option when it is starting the bootable disk or something? What upgrade system does DSL use (not RPM I hope)
 
Old 06-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
lowpingnoob
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2005
Distribution: Fedora Core 3, soon DSL (DSL backwards is LSD hahahaha)
Posts: 245

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by lowpingnoob
Cool, because i want the least space taken up by the os (more for my games). I don't quite get this. Is DSL a stripped down version of Debian (no major kernel stuff etc...), or is it stripped down then modified? I am going to burn me up a bootable DSL disk right now. A question, after i burn the disk, how do I install, is there an option when it is starting the bootable disk or something? What upgrade system does DSL use (not RPM I hope)
im just so sick of trying to get Fedora to work. I was thinking about switching to Slackware, but I don't feel like using alot of hard drive space for my OS. + I think DSL will improve game performance (less apps taking up space). But I am a so is there any reason why what I am going to do isn't going to work?
 
Old 06-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
lowpingnoob
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2005
Distribution: Fedora Core 3, soon DSL (DSL backwards is LSD hahahaha)
Posts: 245

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
What files do I need to get for the bootable disk?
 
Old 06-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
franzfranz
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Indiana, US
Distribution: gentoo
Posts: 87

Rep: Reputation: 15
having troubles with red hat 9 was the reason i moved to slackware. Taking up less hard drive space shouldn't affect games and their performance. I haven't tried DSL, but slackware is plenty quick a good distro to play around with. It'll also probably be easier to install, IMHO.
 
Old 06-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #7
lowpingnoob
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2005
Distribution: Fedora Core 3, soon DSL (DSL backwards is LSD hahahaha)
Posts: 245

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by franzfranz
having troubles with red hat 9 was the reason i moved to slackware. Taking up less hard drive space shouldn't affect games and their performance. I haven't tried DSL, but slackware is plenty quick a good distro to play around with. It'll also probably be easier to install, IMHO.
i dont feel like burning two 700 MB disks, I am lazy. 1 50 MB disk is my limit.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting permissions for games to run off of mounted partition in cedega insacred Ubuntu 1 11-17-2005 12:04 AM
installing damnsmalllinux fakie_flip DamnSmallLinux 3 08-19-2005 03:46 AM
Error when i try to run Cedega... what does this mean? gbdavidx Linux - Software 1 11-25-2004 02:55 AM
Does Civ III run acceptably with Cedega? Mette Linux - Games 8 10-06-2004 11:21 AM
DamnSmallLinux Drivers p3ngu!n DamnSmallLinux 4 08-06-2004 05:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration