Originally Posted by harishk
how java an Mysql to get worked with fedora 10.what are the commands....hav to install anyother packages for this?
do 1 thing first configure the same steps that i provided to you for yum configuration for Red hat. just 1 change is there in fedora 10 u will find all that packages under the packages folder.
1) copy that folder at anywhere suppose at /usr/Packages
2) now use ur Red hat Enterprise DVD and mount it at /media
3) now do #rpm -ivh /media/Rhel<full dir name>/Server /createrepo<versionname>.rpm
4) #createrepo -v /usr/Packages
5) Edit the everyfile which is present at /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory
and remember edit all the files with extension .repo
make this entry in every .repo file wherever u will find baseurl.
6) # yum clean all
7) # yum install java*
8) # yum install mysql*
9) # service mysqld restart
10) now u will get both java also and mysql also at fedora 10.
Hrishk, i will suggest u to instead of Fedora10 go for RedHat enterprise.