I can't seem to connect to the internet with my ADSL speedtouch modem on Knoppix and Damnsmall both on their most current versions.
(Since both are from Debian then I'm guessing it wont work in Debian as well)
However, my internet connection on Mandrake 10.1 and Suse 9.2 works perfectly fine.
Here's what I did on setting up the internet on both Knoppix and Damsmall:
1. did the netcardconfig and set to DHCP on eth1 (which is connectd to my modem)
2. did the pppoeconfig, entered my username and password, and chose ok to every option.
And I got the same results on both distros:
1. opened the browser but it couldnt load a single page
2. tried to ping my DNS but nothing happened
3. did a "host www.google.com
" but said it couldn't be found
Am I missing something on setting up?
anyone please help.