I had same thing happen. I installed a HSF modem ( linmodem using Conexant chip in HP laptop). Only source code was available, and compiling it complained about modversions.h missing. So I used Midnite Commander to search the system for modver*.* and found a file 'modversions.ph' some goofy perl script that was just a message whining about modules using system headers ( sorry I dont want to hear philosophy stopping my web access ). The message did say that a line should be changed from A to B, but didnt say where to find these lines.
I looked thru the Makefile and eventually traced it to 3 tests that
looked for the existance of this file. I understood enuf to see that the file wasnt directly used here but that IF it existed, then the make would run... so I did something real greasy... i touched a new file and ran the make. It worked, the dummy file let it make.
Dont get your hopes up too high tho. While I can dial up and connect, I cant surf for reasons I cant figger yet. ifconfig says ppp0 is up but no browser can resolve any common urls like google or freshmeat. Anyways, there's some info on modversions.h (happened on RH7.2 with RTAI extensions from UniStuttgart ).
Last edited by tomp_tag; 08-03-2003 at 05:45 AM.