I am fairly new to Linux and I have been given a daunting task to take 4 RedHat CD's (RH3U8) and combine them into a bootable DVD. The purpose / goal is to distribute the DVD's to field sites to be used for "automated" configuration of some SUN test servers.
With help of great people and great forums such as this one, I was able to figure out how to create the ISO images and then port them to a Linux_DVD.iso file using make.dvdiso.sh (figuring out how to actually burn the DVD is a different story ...
I've seen this topic adressed in several places, but none of those discussions helps me with the second part of my task After the OS is installed, I need to reconfigure the kernel for customization. I need the following commands to be executed once the OS is in place:
1. cd /usr/src/linux-2.4
2. make mrproper
3. cp GS.config .config
4. make oldconfig
5. make depend
6. make -j 16 bzImage
7. make -j 16 modules
8. make modules_install
9. cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/bzImage-2.4.21-47
10. cp System.map /boot/2.4.21-47-System.map
11. cp .config /boot/config-2.4.21-47
12. /sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.21-47 2.4.21-47.ELcustom
13. cd /boot/
14. rm -f System.map
15. ln -s 2.4.21-47-System.map System.map
16. Add the new kernel to the /boot/grub/grub.conf (add it as the first kernel to allow auto boot):
kernel /bzImage-2.4.21-47 ro root=LABEL=/
there is a way to get all of this to execute from my DVD, I would be extremely greatful for any help / ideas.