I finally decided to learn LINUX and followed my friends advise to install SuSE 10.1 on my XP machine (hoping to have both OS as a dual boot). After completing the installation step using CD 1, my system was rebooted. After this first reboot, I ended up getting a black screen and it seems that I can't do anything else and is the reason why I decided to join and post this message.
- Have XP installed in my PC (Desktop)
- It is a Dell Dimension 4100 machine; BIOS version A11; Pentium III processor 1 GHz; 2-256 PC133 RAM (512 total); trinitron monitor; nVidia graphics card (GeForce 2 Go with 64MB)
- Installed SuSE 10.1 on the same hard drive as my XP (C
- Used the LINUX installer to shrink window and to create the partition.
- Preparation steps completed; Install steps completed; configuration can't be performed since I keep getting the black screen.
Please help on how I can resolve the problem. Again please be very specific since I'm pretty new at this. Thank you in advance.