Hi, I have my first prac exam for my Linux class in a couple of days and the majority is scripting. We can take notes in so if I have all of the script bash commands prior, then I'm set for the exam.
I am familiar with vi.
I need to know how to obtain the following information through bash commands. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- display user files that have been backed up daily (so on the particular day the script is run)
- display groups that a particular user is a part of
- display those that are logged into the server at 5pm
- display the three largest files on the server
- display the default run level of the server
- display RPM's installed to the server since it was set up
- display any .mp3 files on the server
- make sure there is no word 'ship' in any of the files on the server
- display the last 10 lines of the Webserver error log
- display a listing of system Variables
- display a listing of the 5 most CPU intensive processes running on the server
- display a listing of the 5 most RAM intensive processes running on the server
- Make sure there are no new user accounts added to the server
I'm aware this is a big ask, I'm not sure how simple or difficult these bash commands are. I'm not after lengthy descriptions on how the commands function, just what bash command I would need to type into my script to get it to display the information asked.
Thank you in advance!!