LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   bash: cc command not found PLZ HELP (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/bash-cc-command-not-found-plz-help-759429/)

mothkuri 10-03-2009 12:22 PM

bash: cc command not found PLZ HELP
 
I have installed RedHat Linux 9 through VMware 6.5
after getting in to GUI I opened the terminal and wrote a simple C program using vi editor.
After that i tried to compile the program using cc command
but,to my surprise its showing a error message as bash: cc command not found
What should I do?
Plz help me
What can I do Now
IF anything needed to be installed plz specify
Thanks in advance!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

repo 10-03-2009 12:24 PM

Welcome to LQ

try
Code:

yum install gcc

arizonagroovejet 10-03-2009 01:32 PM

Yet another person saying that they've just installed Redhat 9. For the love of [insert deity or notable scientist of choice], why do people keep installing Redhat 9 when went end of life some time over five years ago?

Do yourself a favour, ditch Redhat 9 and get the latest version of Fedora, Ubuntu or openSUSE instead.

divyashree 10-03-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothkuri (Post 3706251)
I have installed RedHat Linux 9 through VMware 6.5
after getting in to GUI I opened the terminal and wrote a simple C program using vi editor.
After that i tried to compile the program using cc command
but,to my surprise its showing a error message as bash: cc command not found
What should I do?
Plz help me
What can I do Now
IF anything needed to be installed plz specify
Thanks in advance!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

HI,Welcome .1st check this,wheather u installed gcc or not,

Code:

rpm -qa | grep gcc
if not found install gcc.

pixellany 10-03-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizonagroovejet (Post 3706307)
Yet another person saying that they've just installed Redhat 9. For the love of [insert deity or notable scientist of choice], why do people keep installing Redhat 9 when went end of life some time over five years ago?

Simple....There were 438 million books sold with RedHat CDs in them. Heck, I even have my RedHat 7.3 CD somewhere---or did it go in the last yard sale....;)

But then, are there not also some diehards running Win 95? Win 3.1?

divyashree 10-03-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixellany (Post 3706334)
Simple....There were 438 million books sold with RedHat CDs in them. Heck, I even have my RedHat 7.3 CD somewhere---or did it go in the last yard sale....;)

But then, are there not also some diehards running Win 95? Win 3.1?

I support u brother.

mothkuri 10-05-2009 05:34 AM

thanks all 4 ur replies i l definitely try it out


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.