LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
liljhand
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Location: Brampton, ONT.
Distribution: Ubuntu Hoary the Hedgehog
Posts: 90

Rep: Reputation: 15
azureus and crossover office


whilw trying to run azureus by clicking the icon nothin happens(it used to start earlier when i used to do this . but when i tried doing it from console it said:
Starting Azureus...
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
Suitable java version found [java = 1.4.2_05]
Configuring environment...
Loading Azureus:
./azureus: line 103: cd: /home/suhail/My: No such file or directory
java -Xms16m -Xmx128m -cp "/home/suhail/My:Installed:Stuff/azureus/*.jar" -Djava.library.path="/home/suhail/My Installed Stuff/azureus" -Dazureus.install.path="/home/suhail/My Installed Stuff/azureus" org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main 'JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR'
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gudy/azureus2/ui/swt/Main
Azureus TERMINATED.

what does it mean and whats the possible solution.

also i just installed croosover office and i cant find it anywhere. i just know it installed in ‎/opt/cxoffice and when i go there i see many directories called bin, doc, etc, lib and support. how am i supposed to open it
 
Old 01-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
bigjohn
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2002
Location: UK .
Distribution: *buntu (usually Kubuntu)
Posts: 2,682
Blog Entries: 9

Rep: Reputation: 45
Cant say about the first part of your question - I know nothing about it, but When I installed Xoveroffice, I did it in the /home/user directory, which gave me the appropriate start menu icons.

Have you thought about checking here you may well find what you're looking for there.

regards

John
 
Old 01-23-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
liljhand
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Location: Brampton, ONT.
Distribution: Ubuntu Hoary the Hedgehog
Posts: 90

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by bigjohn
Cant say about the first part of your question - I know nothing about it, but When I installed Xoveroffice, I did it in the /home/user directory, which gave me the appropriate start menu icons.

Have you thought about checking here you may well find what you're looking for there.

regards

John

thanks man it helped. cheers
 
Old 01-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
El Basto
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Distribution: Suse 9.2, Slackware
Posts: 76

Rep: Reputation: 15
Re: azureus and crossover office

Quote:
Originally posted by liljhand
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gudy/azureus2/ui/swt/Main
[/B]
Basically all of the code for Azureus is distributed in a jar file (like a zip file) called Azureus2.jar. When it goes to run it finds all of the different classes within that jar file. Azureus2.jar/org/gudy/azureus2/ui/swt/Main must have been missing. I would recomend re-downloading it and trying it again.
 
Old 01-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Electro
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,042

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Starting Azureus...
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
Suitable java version found [java = 1.4.2_05]
Configuring environment...
Loading Azureus:
./azureus: line 103: cd: /home/suhail/My: No such file or directory
java -Xms16m -Xmx128m -cp "/home/suhail/My:Installed:Stuff/azureus/*.jar" -Djava.library.path="/home/suhail/My Installed Stuff/azureus" -Dazureus.install.path="/home/suhail/My Installed Stuff/azureus" org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main 'JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR'
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gudy/azureus2/ui/swt/Main
Azureus TERMINATED.
Just means it can not find azureus.jar in /home/suhail/My. This is normal and it is not corrupted. You just need to go into azureus directory and type ./azureus. Also the azureus script is not design for directories with spaces, so rename the directory.


I wrote a script so I can run it by just typing azureus.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
AZUREUS_DIR=/usr/local/azureus
cd $AZUREUS_DIR
exec ./azureus
cd $OLD_PWD
Usually program files gets located in bin directories. The etc directories are usually where config live. Well common sense should tell that doc directories are documents or files that explains the options that you can use in config files.

No, jar files are not zip files. jar files are bytecode files that needs a helper program to run it. They are something like Basic files.

Does anybody have curisoity for Linux? Sheesh!!!
 
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
liljhand
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Location: Brampton, ONT.
Distribution: Ubuntu Hoary the Hedgehog
Posts: 90

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Electro
Just means it can not find azureus.jar in /home/suhail/My. This is normal and it is not corrupted. You just need to go into azureus directory and type ./azureus. Also the azureus script is not design for directories with spaces, so rename the directory.


I wrote a script so I can run it by just typing azureus.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
AZUREUS_DIR=/usr/local/azureus
cd $AZUREUS_DIR
exec ./azureus
cd $OLD_PWD
Usually program files gets located in bin directories. The etc directories are usually where config live. Well common sense should tell that doc directories are documents or files that explains the options that you can use in config files.

No, jar files are not zip files. jar files are bytecode files that needs a helper program to run it. They are something like Basic files.

Does anybody have curisoity for Linux? Sheesh!!!
thanks man, u made it easy
 
Old 01-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
El Basto
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Distribution: Suse 9.2, Slackware
Posts: 76

Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Electro
No, jar files are not zip files. jar files are bytecode files that needs a helper program to run it. They are something like Basic files.
Here is a quote from java.sun.com

"JAR files are packaged with the ZIP file format, so you can use them for "ZIP-like" tasks such as lossless data compression, archiving, decompression, and archive unpacking. These are among the most common uses of JAR files, and you can realize many JAR file benefits using only these basic features."

Jar's are not bytecode. .class files are bytecode, the result of compiling the java source code in a .java file. You can add anything you'd like to a jar file, just like a zip file, except jar's also have the manifest directory and file.

Anyways, I hope you got Azureus to run smoothly.
 
Old 01-24-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
liljhand
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Location: Brampton, ONT.
Distribution: Ubuntu Hoary the Hedgehog
Posts: 90

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
ye its running smoothly now. thanks ta ya all
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crossover office jackassjim Linux - Software 4 06-17-2006 03:20 AM
crossover office 4.1 yisnixslow Linux - Newbie 3 04-13-2005 08:14 AM
Crossover Office snatale1 Linux - Software 5 10-12-2004 12:09 AM
crossover-office matt3333 Linux - Software 2 06-13-2004 08:31 PM
CrossOver Office doesn't work with office!?!! rcnow Linux - Software 2 05-14-2004 08:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration