Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I set up a VLAMP that hosts a database that is accessed via a web interface.
Authentication is set up so that the apache group can get access via a krb5 keytab...and the httpd.conf is set up to the users domain, with "use kerberos keytab = true" in samba also.
Domain users have access to the web interface due to the above setup, and when they fire up a web browser, it lets them in fine without them having to provide credentials...however, they will be using the application fine, when suddenly, it kicks them off and they are asked to provide credentials to get back in...however, they supply their domain credentials (which automatically gained them access when they fired up the web browser for the application initially) and it won't accept them...
Could anyone think of a reason why this may be?
I did post a while ago, and someone suggested it was due to LDAP...however, I switched LDAP off (Current authentication is now kerberos and the server was joined to the domain via configuring the smb.conf, then "net ads" etc.) and the issue still occurs.
Another suggestion was that the application calls upon templates that are on other servers and that perhaps there is some kind of cross-authentication issue...however, after monitoring the issue for a while, it seems more like it is happening randomly when actually trying to access the local database for the web application - as in, it initially lets you in...but a bit later, when you try to call up something from the database it throws up the request for authentication..
..the issue is really random though - someone can use it for 5 minutes no problem...others can use it for 30 seconds, then they get the issue...
I don't think it's a time thing, as the server is set up to synch with a time server that the users are also in synch with...
It's really frustrating as I don't know what else to try!