This is a bit different that the other "Apache redirect" posts I found on this forum. I take www.domain.com
as example and www.domainserver.com/user/folder/index.htm
as remote webserver.
1. My domain service provider owns my domain www.domain.com.
This is redirected to my home IP. The domain service provider has set a frameset because then the clients of the website will always see www.domain.com
as the URL. This is an option I want to keep! I want my clients to see www.domain.com
instead of www.domainserver.com
2. My linux PC at home. Which ports do I have to open? I want to set up a mailserver on the linux PC at home, but ALL the webtraffic I want to redirect to an remote webserver, WITHOUT it costing my lots of bandwith. How do I do that? What's the best mailserver? Qmail, Sendmail or Postfix?
3. I can only upload files to the remote webserver (I don't have a shell).
* I want my clients to 'see' my URL (www.domain.com
* I don't want huge upload/download on my home PC
* I need to redirect webtraffic
* What's the best mailserver?
----> home linux PC ----> remote webserver