eOr here are the steps to configure xorgconfig:
2. press enter to start the configuration
3. Specify a mouse protocol, if you got a wheelmouse choose imps/2, if you have a two button mouse choose PS/2, or check if any of the protocols listed fits you.
4. choose if you want to emulate3buttons, only choose this if you need to emulate 3buttons
5. Press enter to continue the configuration
6. Choose one of the keyboards, choose the one that best suits you, if you are unsure then choose 1
7. choose a language, here you have to choose whichever fits you
8. press enter to continue
9. when it ask you to choose a monitor, choose 11 and then press enter.
10. Enter Horizontal sync range, this is what you should put according to your horizontal range:
31 - 65; Monitor that can do 1280x1024 @ 60Hz
11. now it will ask you to choose your vertical sync range, press 5. This is what you should put according to your monitor.
12. press enter to continue
13. AT this point you can press Y to see if there is a driver for your video card. If the Intel drivers that are listed are not the ones you can use, then choose 0 or vesa driver
14. After choosing the video driver press enter
15. now it will list the default resolutions, if you are content with those resolutions then go ahead and press 4 and then press enter
15a. if you are not satisfied with the resolution then press 1, then choose the resolutions you like (have in mind that 1280x1024 is the max resolution you monitor can handle). Press enter. NOW choose 2 and do the same as what you did in "1", after that choose 3 and do the same, now if you are satisfied with the resolutions press 4
16. Enter a number to select the default depth
17. say yes and press enter
Hopefully that will help.