im really sorry but I still cant edit that file.
I tried to log on as root but sum how it's not working.
Can any1 plz show me how to do it?
You're going to have to tell us what error message you get. Doing the following *will* allow you to edit the file you want to edit:
- Log in as root; type "root" in the username: field and your root password (if you have one) in the password: field. If you don't have one, try hitting Enter. You should see a # prompt.
- Now type ls -la /boot/grub
- You should see either grub.conf or menu.lst in the list.
- Type vi grub.conf or vi menu.lst. This will show you what's in the file. type "i" to edit, and when you're done and satisfied with changes you've made, hit Esc, then : (a colon), then type wq!
- If you can't edit grub or menu.lst, let us know what error message you get. If you have insufficient permissions, you could try chmod 777 <filename>.