Hello! , I have a question (may be stupid)
Without wasting yr precious time here is the problem
1. I install Linux kernel from [kernel.org] ver 2.6.1
2. I unpack it and donít know, what are those amazing this I can do with it?
3. I am not new to Unix/Linux, I do know about commands, scripts, tools, etc.
4. How can I develop my own small customized operating system for academic use, using Linux kernel.
5. I want to understand lowest level of complex things of Linux OS by doing things with my hand.
6. What was the approach used when first kernel was downloaded and placed to be a complete operating system
7. I do not want to customize and distributed version of Linux like Redhat etc.
8. I am expecting positive response from your side.
I tried to search on web, but unable to find any this want I want.
I hope I am clear and making you clear about my desire. What I believe is; in myself and the Internet community to whom I am expecting something & more.
About my BOX:
I am loaded with ďAcer Travel Mate 220Ē; itís a notebook with 20 GB HDD, 128 MB RAM, and Intel celeron 1.33 Ghz processor with Windows XP Home & RH 9.0 dual boot. I do have a CD writer. I would like to burn this my handed customize small operating system on a CD ;-))