Added a 2nd disk -- did I do it right?
I'm just playing around on my Fedora 7 box. It has a pair of 80GB IDE disks in it. The OS is installed on the primary (master) drive.
I wanted to try the process of adding the 2nd disk as a "play" area with a mount point called "junk".
1. fdisk /dev/sdb
2. n (new partition), used whole disk, made it a primary, chose partition #1
3. w - wrote changes and exited from FDISK
4. mke2fs -j /dev/sdb ("formatted" using ext3fs filesystem)
5. mkdir /junk
6. mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb /junk
7. I added an entry into /etc/fstab for the new disk
How did I do?
I am coming up to speed using training videos from CBT Nuggets which are based on RH9...dated, but the instructor is good. The filesystem layout is different in RHEL and Fedora, but I figured adding a 2nd disk would be similar?