could you help me answering a very simple question:
- how can I add more HD space to my Fedora machine?
This is the background:
- I'm running out of space on the main volume of my Fedora linux machine (sda)
- I just added the new HD (80Gb ATA drive) which is already recognized as dev/sdc
- I already created a volume called SDC1 (LVM ext4, 40Gb, /dev/sdc1)
The following screenshot will help:
- I use the linux machine for single user, so ideally I'd like to move some of my current folders like /home/victor/Videos and /home/victor/Downloads to the new volume SDC1 to free up some space on sda.
- Problem is that the new volume at this stage can only be mounted by root, and of course victor doesn't have rights to create new folders in the new volume or move files to it.
I accept any suggestion, I don't mind having to reformat the new drive.