Well I've managed to install Fedora Core 1 without my machine going nuclear but now the questions are starting to arise that I just can't answer. I'm a Microsoft user really wanting a change and I hope I can get past the frustration stage of Linux soon because im going bald fast. My problems are this...
1) Where is the equivalent of windows explorer
2) Why can I not get this friggin Flash plugin to work
3) How do I uninstall a package so that I can reinstall it ( this is because the flash plugin says it is installed but when i goto a webpage that uses flash I get a pop up saying that I don't have the plug in would l like to download it, I say yes it downloads I extract it and assume it is installed but no go) I also installed the flash plug in for FEDORA Core 1 and that is the one that says I have it but refuses to work
4) I'm doing all these updates ya know right after a fresh install and of course there are alot of them, So i clicked on select all and clicked forward and I was off and running getting updates..Well until i keep getting these pop ups that ask me "The package postgresql-libs-7.3.4-11 does not have a valid GPG signature.
It has been tampered with or corrupted. Continue?" Now these are files im getting from teh redhat network and there have been about ten of them that state the same thing.
5) I have a maxtor 80 gig external drive plugged in via Firewire and I am not able to see it in the device manager, why is it not there and how do i get it there.....
Sorry for the hammering guys but if I can't get past some of these simplistic issues with Linux I have to ask myself why am i switching only to cause myself more headaches...Please guide me in the right direction so I can get past this phase of linux newbieness.
...moved to the Linux - Newbie forum